A cookie is string of text information that is placed on your computer via your web browser. It can store helpful information for the site owners that help them understand your use of a website.
What cookies are used on this site uses and why
- CookieControl - this cookie is used to remember a user’s choice about cookies on www.tattonpark.org.uk. Where users have previously indicated a preference, that user’s preference will be stored in this cookie.
Like many websites, we use Google Analytics to help us to identify the way in which our website is used so we can try to improve it. The following cookies are set by Google analytics:
These are all used to collect non-personal information about how visitors use our site in terms of the numbers of visitors, the pages that they visit and the website they came from. Find out more about Google analytics cookies
We would like to embed a Twitter feed on some pages. In return, Twitter use marketing cookies to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
- personalization_id - this cookie possesses information about how an end-user uses the website and also about the advertising that an end-user can see before visiting the said website
We would like to embed a Twitter feed on our home page. In return, Facebook use marketing cookies to track visitors across websites.
- _fbp - used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers
We have embedded privacy-enhanced YouTube videos on the site. Privacy-enhanced mode allows us to embed YouTube videos without using cookies that track viewing behaviour. This means that when loading the page, no activity is collected to personalise the viewing experience. If a viewer clicks or taps to play the video, the following cookies are enabled:
- NID - DoubleClick set this cookie (owned by Google)to help to build your interested profile and also to show you related ads on different sites
- 1P_JAR - This cookie possesses information about how an end-user uses the website and also about the advertising that an end-user can see before visiting the said website.
How to change cookie settings
You can change your cookie preferences at any time by clicking on the ‘C’ icon. You can then adjust the available sliders to ‘On’ or ‘Off’, then selecting close. You may need to refresh your page for your settings to take effect.
Alternatively, most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.